Fixed-Head Wireless Infrastructure
RAEPoint is a multi-function wireless infrastructure component for RAE Systems wireless gas detection systems. This key building block can operate as an access point in hazardous areas to communicate with wireless gas detectors to enable integration with FMC-2000 or PC-based ProRAE Guardian host controllers. When directed by the controller, the RAEPoint can use any of its five internal relays to trigger audible and visible alarms to provide additional alert notification in hazardous locations. Additionally, the RAEPoint operates as a range extender to increase the wireless transmission distance of wireless gas detectors. The RAEPoint can be configured as a stand-alone unit or integrated with an optional alarmbar.
• Wirelessly triggers alarm notification devices or process controls
• Hazardous area certification
• Functions as a wireless router, extending the range of a wireless mesh network
• Can act as a wireless system host by communicating directly with detectors
• Oil and gas exploration
• Worker exposure monitoring
• Fenceline monitoring
Features & Benefits
• 5 internal SPDT relays
• Wireless transmission distance of 1000 ft (300m) point-to-point. Range can be extended by using wireless routers.
• Continuously powered by standard 12-28VDC input
• Class 1, Division 1 (ATEX Zone 1) hazardous area certification
• Available as stand-alone unit, or as a turn-key wireless alarm bar solution, mounted and pre-wired with two 5J xenon lights and a 110dB horn